Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Father's Day Challenges

Good morning!  We are having some weird weather this week - my poor cell phone has no service at all, so every time my sister or my parents try to call me, we get disconnected.  Kinda sucks when you're 3000 miles away and that's your only form of communication!  Yesterday I got a call from my dad's best friend, he was in the area with his girlfriend and we met them for dinner last night.  They are driving a motorcycle all over the country - it was fun listening to their stories and it was so nice to see familiar faces.  It really gets lonely sometimes being so far away from the people and places you've known your entire life.  I love it here, but I do get homesick every now and then.  So it was nice to spend an evening with someone from "back home."  :)

Today I have a Father's Day card that I'd like to enter into the following challenges:




This card is for Jeremy's dad - I used an image that was previously offered as a freebie from KennyK, the Golfer, and colored him with Prismacolor pencils and mineral spirits.  The DP is from Authentique, I added a button and a sentiment with my Dymo Caption Maker.  Peace.

5 comments:

  1. Darling card, Jenn! Love your coloring, your design, the papers, distressing, and sentiment! :^)
    Hugs, Penny
    P.S. We moved to AZ in 1979--left all my family, except my mom came out with us. Well, all it took was family visiting and over the years almost all of them have moved here. So hang in there, you may have the same thing happen! :^)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card Jenn :-) the image is very cute and I love the whole design, especially the way you did the sentiment, I need to get one of those tape machines ,,,, :-)

    thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge

    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great colors and Dp's. I always love how you tear so well. Cute image, too. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card, love the papers you have used and the way you have made the sentiment.

    Thank you for playing along with Kenny K this week :)

    ReplyDelete